My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai, India

Truth.Lies.Poetry.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Timepass

Being stuck for hours in cabs on Mumbai's trafficrazy roads wasn't fun. I kept myself
amused by linking up names of places to Hindi film songs and then singing them
aloud much to the surprise of the cabbies. Here are a few. For the rest, you'll just
have to email me!

Mahim: Maahim, Maahim aaja maahim re!

Dadar: Dadar dil, daadar jigar, dil mein jagaya aapne

Nariman Point: Nariman tera pyasa, nariman tera

Chandivali: Chera hai ya chandivali hai...

Matunga: Matunga, sing a little louder. Matunga, she take me money
and run Venezuela.
(This was tough to do in Hindi, so I cheated a bit)






Mumbai. Feb 2005

5 Comments:

Blogger Anindita Sengupta said...

Must have been fun :). I can imagine it.

BTW, the font on this post seems to be extra small...

11:25 AM  
Blogger The ramblings of a shoe fiend said...

You have been tagged. Sorry

6:33 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I particularly liked the one on Matunga.. Don't we all like to cheat sometimes? :)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Shammi said...

haha... go on, give us the lot!

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dadar dil :) and hey, next time you are in Bombay, please meet up?

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.